Friday, January 16, 2009

Why Do Some Women Have to be SUCH BIG Female Dogs?

Ok, I know I'm digressing from my devil baby birth but, I promise I will get back to it. I just wanted to share because I'm kind of pissed right now.

So, I'm not a bad person really, I mean I gossip too much and yes we all know I can be OTT (over the top) sometimes but, I try to be friendly and kind most of the time and I'm just sensitive enough that I can't stand it when someone doesn't like me and it drive me nuts. I keep being like "ok, well screw them I can't make them like me" and then the next second I'm kissing their butts and being so disgustingly sweet I actually hate myself. It's just revolting.

So, here is the deal. I started a new job as some of you know and there are a few women that from the beginning have given me the cold shoulder and I just couldn't figure it out.

So, it all started on my first day really. I know my first day! Seriously people! Like being laid off when you just had a baby, having to find a new job, leaving your baby to go back to work, isn't tough enough, I have to deal with these biatches. Anyway, first the girl that showed me around, the HR girl was far from friendly and then the girl who was training me was talking so fast and being so nasty that I couldn't even understand what she was saying. I'm like, what the hell? To top it off, the IT lady who was getting me set up on my computer was nasty too! I just wanted to run and cry. I'm really not good with mean people. My sister is great. She will tell someone off in a second or just beat the crap out of them. She doesn't back down at all. I wish I was more like that. Ok sooo, I had to figure out where to pump and I didn't know who to ask and well I didn't really have many options so I picked the mean HR girl because she was in HR and I figured she might know about that stuff and when I asked her. She was like "What?" "I don't know what you are going to do about that!" and so I'm like "there has got to be other people that have babies and have to pump" and she says "I don't know of any" So, she's like "well how long are you going to have to do it?" like I'm a big inconvenience and I'm thinking oh god I am so out of here meaning they are going to fire me. I'm like "I don't know, like at least until my baby is six months is my plan" so she says all annoyed "WELL, how OFTEN are you going to have to do it?" I'm like "well once a day should do and I'll do it during my lunch break" I'm now turning red because I'm embarassed and kind of ticked off and I know it's against the law if they won't accomodate me and I feel like saying that but, of course I don't. SO, I guess she wasn't the best person to ask!!

So, back to the training girl. SO, I get her talking by asking her about herself and I know you are thinking, why are you making the effort Amy, right? I can't help myself! I'm nuts or something! So, we kind of bond a bit and talk some girl talk and I'm like ok, she's warming up to me. Cool! Well, during our girl talk she says "The hard thing is, and not that I hold it against you (and you KNOW anytime a person says that they SO DO hold it against you) but, I wanted your job and I didn't get. OH friggin great AND she's training me. Do I trust she is going to tell me the right things? ummmm...hell NO! So, anyway, we do bond a bit and she got out the secret and I think maybe she likes me now. Um, no she doesn't, still doesn't. She gives me dirty looks and stuff. She was in the hospital sick and I wrote her an e-mail saying I hope she was ok and to let me know if she needed anything and blah blah blah (I know I am so revolting) and she didn't even respond. She didn't even say thanks for the e-mail when she got back. Didn't even mention it. Every once in a while she is nice to me but, I think it is by accident or something.

So, that's the HR and the training girl. What about the IT lady? She is really mean to me too and she is probably the most bitchy of them all. But, you know what just happened? I walked into the break room and IT biatch is talking to training biatch and they are all smiling and happy and nicey nice and I'm thinking I really hate them! They don't even acknowledge my presence in this tiny break room and I just get my water and I'm like "screw them, if they want to be mean, I'll be mean right back. I'll give them a taste of their own medicine!" and then I go to leave and they look at me as I pass them with their bitchy faces on and what do I do??? What do I do?? I give them a big nicey nice smile. What is my freaking problem? All I can say is, I have issues.

6 comments:

  1. You sound a lot like your sister in law. Do I need to come out there and open a can of Renie on these ladies. I really do not take much crap. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irene I was thinking the same thing....she sounds just like you know who :-)

    So I suggest yourself a big ol' can of whoop ass and let them have it!!!! This will be you "baby steps" to getting you ready to deal with "those" mothers on the playground when they let their bratty kids be mean to Stevie.......you gotta cut your teeth somewhere.....I say HR and IT are begging for it....just my two cents.

    I will help scrape bail together for you or bake you a pie with a file in it.....just let me know :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should replace their coffee creamer with your breastmilk....That way, when they're having their happy coffee break party you can have a good inner giggle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you've figured out how to do this, can you give me some hints? Because I have the same problem! As you know Amy.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cammie you have changed. I love the passive aggressive idea. That is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy you fit right into our family as we are all like that. It's not a bad way to be but very frustrating. Everyone wants to be liked and by treating the biatches nicely you are not stooping to their level. I do however wish I could be more like Christina and be able to let people have it when they deserve it.

    Love you Amy and love your blog. You are a great writer and are toooooooo funny.

    ReplyDelete