Thursday, January 22, 2009

Could it Get Any Worse?

When I say could it get any worse? I am referring to my luck! So, here is what happened last night.

Picture it, Amy and Steven have a lovely dinner at the Carleton household, lots of laughter, fun and even singing! Which is pretty typical at the Carleton household. If you can believe it, I am the least outgoing of my family which makes for a pretty wild time.

Anywho, Steven and I get into the car at about 9pm last night. I did have a couple glasses of wine before dinner so I had to wait a bit before driving. Although, I enjoy my wine, I am very careful about driving especially with the baby. I had to mention that just in case, especially for nannie. I know how she worries about these things. So Nannie, I was very careful.

Ok, so I leave the house and I'm really not the best driver. I finally after driving for 15 years, will admit this. Hesitantly, but, ok I admit I really can't back up well. I don't understand how to use my mirrors. I've backed into many things in my lifetime including my friend's brother's BMW (drove away quickly), a fence (knocked it over and drove away quickly), snow banks (way too many times to count). I have yet to back into any people, so I guess it could be worse, right?

I digress as usual, so Steven was helping me back up guiding me along the way. Ok, more like "watch out for your dad's truck!" "Turn your wheel, no way more than that!" and "Watch out for your mom's car!" Well, two seconds later, I hear a smash. OH GOD! What did I hit now? I think to myself. Umm...Matt's truck. Yep, I hit Matt's truck and smashed a hole in my bumper. I KNOW, I KNOW for anyone who has been reading my blogs, I just GOT this FRIGGIN CAR! I have only made one payment on it!! So, now I not only have a million dents in my hood and fender (NOT MY FAULT I would like to point out). I also have a hole in my bumper and it's not like I can say ice fell on my hood and then flew up in the air and smashed my bumper, can I?

Anyway, you think that is the end of my night? OH NO, NOT EVEN CLOSE! We drive home and I'm so upset that I've made further damaged to my very beautiful, well at least it was 6 weeks ago when we bought it, car. I pull around the corner by our house and notice a police car is following us. Now, THIS is why I mentioned the wine. For any of us who have driven after a couple glasses of wine, you know the panic you feel when you see a cop following you. Now, I was not drunk or over the limit at all (I swear Nannie) but, you still freak out. So, my heart is pounding and I turn the corner to our road and he is STILL behind us. I'm like, oh god, oh god. I pull into our driveway and oh yes, that cop pulls in behind me. I get out of the car and I feel like puking. He says "I just want to let you know that your tail light is out, but have a good night." PHEW!

So, do you think that is the end of my story? The end of my night? NOPE! We get into the house and it is freezing cold in there. Steven looks at the heaters and they are out. YES, you guessed it, we are out of propane and it's now 10pm and you all know Steven work for Proulx, Oil and freakin PROPANE and this is a really shameful thing to do if you work there. So, Steven opts to have us load the woodstove every 3 hours through the night in conjunction with waking up with the baby. It was wonderful by the way! Then, what do I do? I jump in the shower this morning and AHH!! It's freezing. Oh crap, I forgot we were out of propane! So, as I said, could it get any worse?

1 comment: