Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"Spaghetti and Meat Bulbs"

Remember "The Family Circus" cartoon. I loved those cartoons and also I had the book which was called "Spaghetti and Meat Bulbs" and had tons of the cartoons in it and was so funny. I was thinking today that I can't wait until Little Stevie is old enough to talk and say funny things. So, I thought I would share a few things that my neices and nephews have said over the years that are just so funny to me.

I'll start off with a quote from Ian that I find hilarious! Ian said to his teacher on his first day of school after walking up and down checking out the different activities going on...

"Seriously, there is NOTHING to do here!"

My nephew Michael was walking through the store with his mom when he began staring at a quite unattractive woman. Nikki tried to pull him away but, before she could his little mouth opened and yelled...

"Lady, you are UGLY!"

One time I was sitting in one of those sun chairs with the the plastic strips in the back and Payden my neice said...

"Cool! Makayla come look! Aunty's fat is squishing out of the holes in the back of this chair, see!" and she began poking and pinching the fat coming through to further demonstrate!

Another quote from Payden. We always say grace on holidays and my dad always starts off with "Thank you Dear Lord." Well one year Payden decided she wanted to say grace so she put her little hands together and bowed her head and said "Thank you dear Lo.." At this point she stopped and thought then shook her head as if she remembered now. She opened her mouth again and said...

"Thank you Dear Lock..."

Yet another quote from Payden, a recent one. When little Stevie was born we were trying to think of what to call him as he is a junior. Once we came up with Little Stevie Payden said..

"We'll call him Little Stevie now but, when he grows up and gets big we'll call him UNCLE Steven."

Ok, it wouldn't be me if I didn't add a few, just over the line one's so here they are. Just a warning to any sensitive readers!

After I had the baby, I stayed at my parents for a couple of days while everyone cleaned and finished the addition in the house which was so awesome. Anyway, I had to go to the bathroom and I had a seperate trash bag for all my, let's say, panty materials (see my other blog about post pardum periods for further information) Well, my neice Makayla had to go after me and I had forgotten to take my trash out. She came out all horrified and wispered to her mother her eyes all wide...

"I went into the bathroom after Aunty and she left her garbage bag in there and I looked in and it was all BLOOD and stuff! It even smelled really yucky!"

Here is a real old one from when I was a kid. I used to sleep over my neighbor/friend Chris's house with Harris and myself. One night, the two boys were trying to figure out what Maxi-pads were for because Chris had found some under the sink. Chris said "I think it has something to do with blood because I saw my mom have one on her underwear once and I think it had blood on it." Harris said "No Chris, don't be dumb! It is to hold in all the hair down there!"

I'll finish with one final risque one. My nephew Brandon was playing with his "you know what" one day in the living room. Now, his mother trying to be political and open explained that he could do those things in his room with the door shut in private but, not out in the living room or in public. Brandon shrugged and turned to his brother Michael who was playing a video game and said..

"Hey Michael, you want to go in our room and play with our penises?" Michael, not even looking up from his video game and continuing to play said in response, "Nah."

2 comments:

  1. You make me laugh out loud! Even though I've heard these stories a million times, I can't help but laugh again and again. Thanks for the laughs schlams!!

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Steven was little he called spaghetti and meatballs....gettie and moop booops...we got a lot of laughs with this.

    This is ny fourth try at commenting on your blog . Hope it works this time

    ReplyDelete