Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Miracle of Birth

So, Mimi..ask and you shall receive. Although, me telling this story might have to be continued because I think this may be a long one. Oh, BTW, Mimi I just got what you meant by Steven crawling down the hole and you are friggin hilarious!!! I love it.

Anyway, so let me start from the beginning, of the delivery I mean. Towards the end of my pregnancy I got really huge. Like HUGE! I started to get nervous that maybe Papa's wish had come true and I really WAS carrying twins. I was envisioning one baby hiding behind the other during the ultrasound and everything. I know, ridiculous but, I just was so huge. I went to the docs and confirmed. At 26 weeks prego, I was measuring like I was 30, so I went in for an ultrasound.

I was really excited to get another ultrasound but, also really freaked out that maybe there were TWINS in there and well, I was nervous about my motherly instincts to begin with let alone having two infants. I don't even like babies! I still don't actually but, I love little Stevie. It's true, it's different when it's your own or translate to Amy language, you can't back out at that point and well you have no friggin choice do you? Then, after a couple months,they grow on you and all.

Anyway, back to the delivery info. SO, I get my ultrasound and I'm envisioning 2 babies or 11 pounds of big honking baby in there and what do I see? It was scary, it was really friggin scary. I was having Rosemary's baby! SERIOUSLY, the ultra sound lady is scanning over the baby and she is like oh "look it's an eye and she prints it out" I'm like "OMG, that is not a human eye, that thing is the devil!" I envisioned that seen in Rosemary's baby when she sees her baby and they show his eyes and they are all evil looking and scary and that is EXACTLY what this ultrasound picture looks like. I wish I could scan it and show it to you to prove it but, I don't have a scanner. BUT, I did show it to my family and they agreed. I was either having Rosemary's baby or a Cyclops! No lie! So, now I'm freaked out of course and I'm thinking oh no, I'm having an ugly baby. Like in that episode of Seinfeld when their friends baby is really ugly and they keep saying "What a baby!" That is what I thought was going to happen to me.

Anyway, after the ultrasound it was determined that everything was normal (yeah right, Rosemary!) and I could continue with the pregnancy as planned until the devil baby was born. Ok, gotta stop here. Steven is complaining that I'm not spending any time with him and I'm hanging out on the computer, jerk! Ok, I told you this would be a To be continued so......

2 comments:

  1. OK! First off....Amy you just have to come to our next ditch party.......OMG...reading this blog makes me feel like we are all by ourselves sitting in the ditch drinking to our heart's content and that everything that is said is "just between us girls"!! No husband's allowed.....umm unless of course they are willing to go break into their mother-in-law's house to get us more Vodka :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy!

    Your blog is so funny! I knew it would be when Michelle told me you started one. Now when are you going to finish this story?!

    Meredith

    ReplyDelete