Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I'm Addicted!

Ok, so this morning when I was driving to work I was thinking about blogging. What is up with that? I'm already addicted. So, anyway, as some of you may know, my life is full of calamities, many of which when looking back are COMPLETELY hilarious, well at least to me. So, here is my latest event. Last night, my wonderful and loving husband decides he wants to go last minute shopping and as usual is running late. Now, he goes to his sister's house and picks up the baby and runs out of the house in a whirl and on the way out his thoughtful sister offers to put some milk in a bottle for the baby and Steven my wonderful and loving husband, says "no, we're fine." 10 minutes later he contacts his wife who herself is in Portsmouth picking up stocking stuffers and says, the baby is hungry and crying. Ok, so feed him, right? Well no, he my loving and wonderful husband did not take any milk with him. Who doesn't take any milk when they go shopping with a newborn???? RIGHT! So, anyway, I hear my baby screaming in the background and now I'm freakin' out. Ok, yes he won't die but, for anyone who has or has had a newborn you know that a hungry baby without food is like sticking needles in your eye. So, anyway, I'm in Portsmouth and I am like ok, I have milk in my bag from pumping at work this afternoon, I NEED to get to my baby. So, my loving and wonderful husband asks me to drive to the Week's traffic circle in Dover and meet him so that I can then turn around and drive 25 minutes BACK to Newmarket. I'm psyched of course! So, I drive stressed out and well let's face it somewhat pissed at this point. Ok, again, Who goes shopping with a newborn without milk? Ok, so I drive to Dover and meet him and the baby seems to be ok. He's chewing like mad on his hand but, he's not screaming anymore. He hasn't been fed yet but, he's ok. So, I switch cars with my wonderful and loving husband and proceed to drive back to Newmarket. By this time, I'm swollen with milk needing to pump and I have to poop to be honest. So, I get about 1/2 way there and my husband calls me on my cell phone. "Guess what you don't have?" he says. What? I say. He says, the keys to the house! What? I have a hungry baby in the car, full boobs and I have to poop and you are telling me, you didn't bring house keys with you and think of that when I switched cars with you???? Ok, don't panic I tell myself. Then I remember, wait! I'm saved! I left the dog door open this morning. All is well with universe. So, I drive home and the baby is now screaming of hunger and I think just a few more minutes to get home. I pull in the driveway and trample through 21 inches of snow, yes 21 inches in CLOGS! I get to the back of the yard where the fence door is because the front fence door has been plowed with about 5 feet of snow and I pull on the door. I can hear the baby screaming from the car and I yank harder on the gate and it doesn't budge. I kick the 21 inches from the gate with yes, my clogs and pull as hard as I can and still it doesn't budge. Oh my god! It's frozen! NO NO NO!!!! So, now the baby is screaming of hunger, I'm totally soaked and freezing, I have to pump like no tomorrow and I'm still needing to poop and I can't get in the house! Ok, calm down, calm down I think. I trample through the snow to the car but, as I round the corner of the house I hit a huge icicle with my head and it falls on my friggin foot. Thank god for the 21 inches of snow that broke the landing otherwise, I think it would have broken my foot, seriously! So, I hobble back to the car, to my screaming baby. I get the milk out of my bag and dump it in a bottle, dropping the nipple on dirty floor of the car by the way and I literally suck off the dirt and pop it in my baby's mouth. Ah, sweet relief of at least one of the terrible things going on. I call my husband in tears and say, get home now! He drove like the wind I have to say and even managed to pick up a bottle of Yellowtail to say sorry. After I changed, pumped and went poop, I sat down with my glass of wine and listened to my husband grovel and take care of everything around the house and I thought, maybe it was worth it after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment