Monday, December 29, 2008

Daddy Deserves His Props

Ok, so it occurred to me that I have done some serious husband bashing on my blog in my short time blogging so, I thought I would give my husband some props.

One thing my husband is amazing at is knowing my taste. He is awesome at Christmas time and I feel like a chump because I never get him as good of gifts as he gets me. So, this year, I was determined to beat him. I even lied about how much I was spending on him so that I could have an edge on him. I know, totally unfair but, people, my husband is too good at gift giving. I'm serious! He even gets everyone in his family (including me) the nicest cards for Christmas that he takes hours picking out and making sure they are just right for each individual. He makes us all cry, including his dad and my dad every year. Ok, so back to the gift.

So, Steven has been talking about this Finish nailer he wanted for months and we talked about how it was a bit too expensive to buy right now with having the new baby and me being out on maternity leave and all that. So, what did I do? I bought it for him, a good one too, A Bostich. I couldn't wait for him to open it and when he did he was so happy. I thought, finally! I won! I got him the better present! So, what does he do? He says, oh good, here is the gift I am the most excited about for you. It's a card and I think, oh it's one of his sweet cards that he picked out and I opened it. But, no, that jerk, it wasn't from him at all. Well, it was, but..he bought the sweetest card for little Stevie to give to me which was all about how lucky he was to have me for a mom and how hard I worked and inside it was a gift certificate for a one-hour massage! That rat bastard! He beat me again!!! He is just too good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment